#OxygenOS #OnePlus3 – OnePlus 3: How to unroot and revert to stock OxygenOS firmware : If you like the customisation and smoothness of OxygenOS over any custom ROM your OnePlus 3 is currently running, you can revert the phone to the stock firmware.
The process is quite simple: all you need to do is just unroot it by installing stock OxygenOS update via adb sideload option. The process will lock the bootloader of the phone again. Check out the following guide for detailed instructions.
How to unroot OnePlus 3
- Download OxygenOS 3.2.1. You might rename this to ota.zip to make the further process a bit easier
- Download stock recovery
- Put the phone in fastboot mode by holding the Power and Volume Up buttons together. Alternatively, use the extended boot menu from Android to boot
- Open Windows Command Prompt in Admin mode in the folder/directory where you have saved the above-downloaded files. If you are a Linux or Mac user, then launch a terminal app on your PC
- Enter the following command in the command prompt to check everything is working properly. Once you enter the command, you should see the serial number of the phone, if not then you might have to install all the drivers for your phone
- Type in the following command to flash the stock recovery